Complying with the Australian Dangerous Goods Code & Regulations
From obvious businesses such as pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, construction and chemical plants right through to pool shops, hardware stores, printers, supermarkets; dangerous goods and hazardous substances are found anywhere and everywhere.
- Commonly used dangerous goods examples are:
- Cleaning products
- Fire extinguishers and safety equipment
- Fertilizers and other agriculture products
- Dangerous Goods Code & Regulations
Dangerous goods and hazardous substance transport is strictly regulated in the Australian Dangerous Goods Code and there are heavy penalties for non compliance. Everyone involved in moving dangerous goods and hazardous materials must comply with their responsibilities in regards to packaging, labelling, segregation and carrying the correct dangerous goods transport documentation.
Our operating processes, sophisticated safety practices and emergency procedures meet or exceed all Australian strict dangerous goods regulations requirements, which include:
- Classification of dangerous goods
- Segregation of dangerous goods in transit
- Safety equipment, precautions and procedures during transport
- Documentation requirements
- Packaging requirements
- Labeling and placarding
- Operating procedures for transfer of dangerous goods
- Why you need a specialist hazardous substances carrier
Specialist dangerous goods carriers such as Chemcouriers have an experienced and proficient team along with specific equipment to manage the movement of your dangerous goods and hazardous substances. We offer a highly specialised end to end solution including management of mandatory compliance reporting and dangerous goods documentation which allows you to:
- Save time - our online technology will create your dangerous goods declarations for you
- Reduce your liability - we know the rules and we efficiently and legally transport various hazardous substances
- Feel secure – we have engaged the services of an emergency response contractor who will attend any issue which may arise when your freight is moving with us
- Save money by efficiently and legally transporting various types of dangerous goods as we have the capabilities to carry multiple classes of dangerous goods within the same vehicle
- Tap into our expertise, knowledge and training
How we support your business
Protect your brand image
Our team follow strict safety practices providing you with the peace of mind that your freight will be delivered in the safest and most compliant way.
Peace of mind that your domestic freight will be delivered
Utilising specialised segregation devices we are able to efficiently and legally transport multiple classes of dangerous goods within the same vehicle. This means your products will not be left behind, meeting your delivery time promise and securing sales revenue from your customers.
Our online reporting and freight management tool is backed by the ADG code to validate your dangerous goods paperwork, reducing compliance risks and administration time.
Ongoing training proactively addressing changing compliance laws
All team members receive extensive training and certification through our in-house training centre and expert industry training providers.
Serious about our compliance and safety and supported by our expertise, network and technology, we are well placed to provide a specialist supply chain service to meet your requirements. Find out more about our hazardous substances and dangerous goods transport services here or speak to one of our specialist team today.